Adult Dog Day School
Adult Dog Day School is an enrichment program open to dogs 8 months and older. The program is designed for your dog to have fun playing with other dogs, but with set boundaries and direction so your dog learns appropriate play and social behavior. Adult Day School also includes group and individual training. We work on manners and basic obedience commands, as well as building confidence and body awareness— all while enjoying fun games and challenges!
Adult Day School is a supplement to, and not a substitute for, an on-going obedience training program for you and your dog. You will need to be in group training classes or private lessons for your dog to attend Day School.
How long are sessions: Each session is 4 hours long. HOWEVER, you can sign up for both morning & afternoon sessions on the same day and your dog can stay during the break, from 12-1 pm, for free!
When are sessions offered:
- Mondays: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Fridays: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Where: Canine Coach Training Center
Day school is great for:
- The shy or insecure dog that gets overwhelmed in large play groups.
- The dog that does not have boundaries in play and cannot attend traditional doggie daycare.
- The adolescent dog that would benefit from practicing solid obedience training and impulse control.
- The adult dog that is picky about friends.
- Dog owners who would prefer their dogs be mentally challenged in a more personal controlled environment.
What happens at Day School?
- Group Basic Obedience Training – Sit, Down, Stay, Leave It, Drop It, Back Up, Wait, Watch Me, and proper manners when interacting with dogs and humans.
- A Daily report from your Trainer
- Monitored play time to ensure proper play and social interactions with other dogs. If a dog is allowed to play without boundaries, he or she is destined to cross a line and end up in a dog fight. We strictly monitor play time to ensure everyone is respectful of boundaries.
- This program is open to dogs 8 months and up (at trainers discretion). Your dog will start with a safe introduction to the other dogs to ensure this program is a good fit for your dog.
- Your dog will be working with a professional trainer, not just a dog handler. Human interaction will consist of obedience training, body awareness training, confidence building exercises, and doggie games – all with Positive Reinforcement training!
Dogs are not required to be spayed/neutered to be in the program. However, after 8 months we reserve the right to excuse or move dogs for the benefit of the group – females in heat will be excused for the 3 weeks of their cycle.
PLEASE NOTE REQUIREMENTS: If you are enrolling a dog that has not participated in any of our Day Schools (or has not participated in Day School for over 3 months), we require an evaluation of your pup before they attend. This is for the safety of your pup and all other pups in the program. The evaluation costs $50 and must be scheduled before your dog begins school. You can purchase the EVALUATION below and we will be in contact with you to get it scheduled.
Purchase Evaluation: $50
At Canine Coach, Inc. we do not promote, condone, or permit the use of correction-based training tools for the dogs enrolled in our training programs. This includes the use of choke collars, prong collars, shock collars (including for invisible fence) and bark collars.
Package 1: 5 sessions for $165 ($33 each session)
Package 2: 10 sessions for $300 ($30 each session)
Package 3: 20 sessions for $575 ($28.75 each session)
Contact us at email@example.com or (719) 200-2636 with questions.